Tuesday, September 8, 2009

j-fest at botanical gardens

Japanese Festival went off pretty good for me. I wanted to go on Saturday, but I was concerned about the rain, so when Dad had gotten about 1/4 of the way there I made him turn around and go home. We stopped at a restaurant for breakfast since neither of us had eaten. It was pretty good. I was a bit worried at first, since I was wearing a yukata, and I was afraid people would stare or laugh at me. I got some odd looks but nothing too bad, so I guess it was a success! We ended up going on Sunday, which was cloudy, but no rain. I got the last morning ticket to the tea ceremony. They increased the price $10, which I was a bit pissed at, but they gave us a new sweet: it had this crunchy outer shell with a nice, soft, sweet, gelatin inside. I worked everything around the kimono show, but ended up skipping out of it to go to the cooking demonstration, which was worth it. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked, since I had a bit of a cold. Here's some pics:




(i have so much hair i had a hard time putting it up into a bun- it kept falling out. i wonder what i was trying to do with it here?)



(note the red feathes around the ducks eyes and the odd coloring... i found this guy swimming with koi.)




(is my obi straight? does it look nice? no- not really. but not bad for being done in a rush w/no mirror)

No comments:

Post a Comment